Custom Search
} -->

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Womanity by Thierry Mugler

While I was going through an especially tough time searching for the perfect dress to wear to a wedding I was stopped by a lady in Nordstroms with a pink perfume card offering me a whiff. The perfume she was pushing is called Womanity. It's the newest fragrance for the ladies from Thierry Mugler. She went on to tell me about one of the perks of the perfume is an online community to speak about all things womanly. I've decided I'd rather not be anonymous and have my own blog to speak about all things beauty...with some miscellaneous womanly mixed in.

So I had already heard a bit about the fragrance before I purchased. I've often longed after TM's Alien glancing to both sides and bringing the bottle or the test strip close to my nose with both hands and drinking in the smell before shying away and returning the naughty sample to the tray. I think I'm primarily scared of the perfume bc I once sprayed some on my arm and then on my way to church stopped at a gas station and received an uber creepy compliment, sniff and stare from the attendant... gross.

OK back to Womanity. This is not the fragrance that will get you creepy compliments sniffs and stares from a gas station attendant, no sir. This is a figgy figgy figgy sweet and pink perfume that is just off beat enough of a sweet so as I don't smell like ice cream and still smell sophisticated. It wasn't my favorite, but I let the strip mellow in my car while I scoured 2 other malls still searching for that dress and when I got back into the car I did have a smile on my face. Even though I wanted to pass out or cry after trying on so many fails.

Sorry to complain about that, I eventually found a dress and it had better be perfect bc I'm never dress shopping again haha

Oh and I do have a good tip for you all when you smell a perfume you like or are offered a test strip...ask for a sample!!! This expecially works in Nordstrom because they will make you a sample if they don't already have one. Chances are when it's new and they're pushing the fragrance they'll have lots of samples pre-made and be happy to give you one. I think it's an especially good time to ask for a sample when they offer to spray your wrist and then you can say oh well I'm already wearing something...do you have a sample? Worked for me :)

So this is kind of a vague and anecdotal review but I hope you all enjoyed :) If you want a more serious review, you should check out Katie Puckrik on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNTKbnwCAnE She knows her stuff and she makes me laugh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment