Custom Search
} -->

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The search for my 2 new favorite fall nail polishes

LEFT: You don't know Jacques and RIGHT: Parlez-Vous OPI
 
Hello readers :)

By the way, I don't have any readers yet, so for now this is kind of me talking to myself/writing in a public diary? I don't know. I am the same way on Twitter I have 3 random followers (yea, only 3!) and I think they just added me in hopes that I would follow them. I very sincerely doubt that anyone is reading my tweets...yet!

So this post is about my search for two specific fall nail polish colors. I laughed, I cried, I hope you all do too.

Colors to be mentioned in this post appear above, "You don't know Jacques" is on the left and "Parlez-Vous OPI" is on the right.

Just over a month ago I had noticed some fashionable women wearing a really pretty greyish purpley type color on their nails so my next trip to a nail salon I searched until I found a color in that family that I liked. I picked up a bottle from OPI and this is embarrassing to say but I was pretty unfamiliar with OPI at the time (this is no longer the case). So I'm getting my pedicure and I LOVE the color, I ask them to do it for my manicure too even though September is a bit early for such a dark color on my nails. I went for it. I took a look at the name of the polish bc I was thinking I had to have it and it was something French OPI. I couldn't remember if it was Parlez-Vous or Voulez-Vous. I thought VV made more sense (Do you want) than PV (Do you speak) but it turned out I was wrong...to make that long story short. My manicure ended up lasting an entire week btw which I was very impressed with, usually after I get a manicure I'm like afraid to look at my nails the next AM and afraid to scrub my hair when I wash it bc I know I'll chip any second.

So I of course started searching for that nail polish. Not a lot of places sell OPI, fortunately Ulta does and there is an Ulta near my office and near my home. For those of you that don't know (I didn't until I started working next to one) Ulta is a pretty nice beauty store. It's like a big mix of drugstore brands and high-end brands all in one store and they have coupons/deals/gifts with purchases galore. So I went to Ulta, and they had a buy 1 get 1 half off deal for OPI but no Parlez-Vous OPI :( They did have this one color though that was really pretty and different (You don't know Jacques). YDKJ is a brown color that is allllmost a tiny bit purpley but I'd say more of a taupey brown. Grey-beige is definitely in this fall so I really wanted it. I held back though bc they didn't have my Parlez-vous. I started calling Ultas all around and none of them had it. Eventually I found out that they had discontinued it. I gave up on that search for a while and started focussing on YDKJ. I went back to the original ULTA which had 2 rows of YDKJ when I had last been there but they were all gone!! ARGH!! I was so irritated I was now 0-2 in terms of my fall nail polish color purchases. I bought a few other colors to tide me over (China Glaze's VIII, OPI's The Color to Watch) but they were not the same. I painted The Color to Watch over my now beginning to chip Parlez-Vous pedicure and that was nice but I was still bummed.

ULTA gets their shipments every Friday so I started calling every Friday for weeks. Each time they looked and said nope so we'll get it next week. I'd call the next and no luck. In the meantime I went on Amazon and bought a full price (including shipping) bottle of Parlez-Vous so at least I would have that.

Then on Saturday, while I was shopping at Nordstrom Rack I saw they had new nail polishes from OPI! I looked and of course, they had Parlez-Vous for $1 cheaper than I had bought it AND they had YDKJ!!! I was like killing myself that I hadn't waited like 2 more days to buy PV. I was close to buying YDKJ but then I though, it's Saturday, I didn't call yesterday, maybe just maybe ULTA has YDKJ for less!!! Just my luck, they finally had it :) AND I had to make a return there so it worked out so well. I now have both of my fall must have nail polishes for the year. YAY!!!

I don't know if I have a moral for this story...maybe not to get too hard on yourself if you search for a good price then end up overpaying. It just happens that way sometimes. What also happens a lot of the time is you don't even know it and you're getting an amazing deal on something. It all evens out but I think it definitely helps to be conscious and shop around a bit.

What are your fall must have nail polishes? Have you ever gone searching and finally purhcased something just to see it a few days later for less/a better version? Leave me comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment