Custom Search
} -->

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October Favorites!


What have your October favorites been?? I’d love to know! Comment below!

So I see a lot of these monthly favorite postings on youtube and I love watching them. They are basically just a posting once a month that looks back on some of my favorite beauty products for that month specifically.
October was a really fun month; I went to some football games, baseball games, started wearing sweaters and snuggling by the fire. All good things J The weather is cooler now and trends are changing towards browns, grays, deep burgundies and all those other beautiful deep colors.
Also, if any of you want a full review and not just what’s on the top of my head for any of these products just leave a comment and let me know!
Without further adieu...
Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation – not to be confused with the Maybelline Dream Matte foundation. I bought the wrong kind at first and was so bummed! Fortunately I figured it out before I unwrapped it. I didn’t love this foundation as much when I first got it because I think I was using the wrong brush. I like to use my elf stippling brush now and I love it. The coverage is really good and the finish minimizes my pores and fine lines rather than enhancing them! I am thinking I won’t even have another favorite foundation next month, I really like this stuff!
Bath and Body Works’ air freshener and candle in Leaves – It’s so cinnamonny and fresh smelling. It reminds me of pre-fall. Like the leaves are starting to turn but they’re still holding onto that fresh and green smell. I put the air freshener on one side and light the candle on the other and it smells soooo good J
Coastal Scents 88 warm eye shadow palette – is anything better for a fall look?? I love this palette so much. The eye shadows are so pigmented and different. I love just finding a unique color that I love and building a look around it. Like the other day I focused in on this beautiful gold color with some shimmer to it and built a beautiful fall look around it. I just love it.
Queen Helene Mint Julep face mask – I had been hearing a lot of good things about this face mask but my Sally’s Beauty Supply was always out! Another reason why I just had to try it! I finally got my hands on this product and it’s really nice. It smells like spearmint gum hehe and it makes you look like a green monster!! (I had a pic up but I looked too monstrous so I took it down hehe) Anyway it works great, it stung/tingled on me a bit at first but afterwards was cool and when I took it off my pores definitely looked smaller and I noticed I wasn’t breaking out as much. I’m not sure if it was the mask that stopped the breakouts but I did notice that after using it.

ELF SPF 15 Super Glossy Lip Shine in Candlelight – This isn’t exactly a fall color but it has some really pretty gold to it and I totally love it. It’s only $1 and it’s one of my favorite lip glosses. It isn’t sticky, it has SPF 15, the color is a soft pink with gold that is totally wearable (sometimes the light pinks I love make me feel a bit kiddy but I don’t feel that way with this at all). It’s definitely worth checking out! Especially from the price! Pink kiss and Mauve Luxe are nice colors too btw J
OPI’s Parlez-Vous OPI – OK I know since this color is discontinued it might be hard to find (read my 2 fall nail polish colors post) but it’s so worth it! I’ve seen it at a Nordstrom Rack and online. It’s a pretty grey/lavender color that is different while still being pretty. It’s perfect for fall and wintertime. Your nail salon may carry it too if they have OPI because I think it was a fall color 1-2 years ago.

My Snooki sunglasses - I was Snooki this Halloween and I made a version of her sunglasses that I absolutely love! I was so surprised at how cool they came out :) I had been worried it would be funky or that I wouldn't be able to see thru them but it all worked out in the end. So they are one of my October favorites!!
So those are my October favorites!! What are yours??
P.S. Sorry for the over use of "love" and "pretty" in this post...I'll take a look through my thesaurus before the next post, I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment