Custom Search
} -->

Monday, November 15, 2010

Time for a HAUL!!!

Hey everyone!!

Sorry I haven't written in a few days, I had a really busy but FUN weekend!

I got to spend some time with my favorite people, including my boyfriend, parents, friends from church and old friends from college...all in 2 days! Oh and USC won! Fight on :)

So let's get to the haul! I will have a more make-up focussed haul soon but since the weather has been getting so dry here I have been buying a lot of skin care products. There are some golden nuggets in here, guys!! Haha

The Body Shop

Wise Woman travel set:


This retails for $35 but I had a coupon to try out a travel kit from the Body Shop for $12 so I thought I'd go for it :) Unfortunately it was not the right formulation for my skin type at all (I have sensitive combination skin that really only breaks out after I use certain beauty products). After using the product for a day or so I broke out and was very dry and blotchy :( I couldn't stand using it anymore. I would definitely suggest asking for a sample (most Body Shops are happy to give these out!) before you purchase because for such small packages $35 is waaay too much to gamble with. Fortunately they let me return it.

Moringa Body Butter:


I was looking for a nice soft floral scented body butter to use at night now that the weather is getting really dry here. I like this so far, it smells floral but not overbearing and it feels moiturizing. It's a nice scent to go to sleep to :) This is a mini size that retails for $8 I believe.

Amazon

Egyptian Magic:

I AM SO IMPRESSED WITH THIS STUFF!!!! Yea, OK this is definitely one of my favorite products right now. After my skin fiasco with the Wise Woman products I needed some major repair and this stuff did the trick! This "All purpose skin cream" is pricey (about $30 on Amazon, $36 at Whole Foods for 4oz) but it's absolutely worth it. I rub this between my fingers then put on my face in place of moisturizer before bed and I wake up with the softest skin! You look totally greasy but don't worry, it's just like that when you put it on at first before bed. When you wake your skin looks so nice and soft and it hasn't broken me out at all. It just soaks into your skin and makes the texture amazing. I felt a huge difference after the first night. I am excited to keep using it and would definitely reccomend this!

Drugstore

Glade holiday candles:


There was a really good deal at Target on Glade holiday candles and I couldn't resist :) It was 5/$12.50 and you got a $5 gift card to Target if you bought all 5. I LOVE the "Creamy Custard/Blushing Apple" 2-in-1 candle and liked the peppermint (which smells like Andes chocolates) and the Apple Cinnamon is a nice smell too. The vanilla kind of let me down, it burned our really quickly and didn't have too strong of a scent. My boyfriend loves vanilla though so I'll burn those when he's around.

 Lip products:

I haven't really done my research and don't remember what these are all called so I'll have to do an update :( The Wet 'n Wild lipstick is something like 547B and the first revlon is "Luminous Pink" I'm really loving that color, it's a very pretty light pink that changes colors in different lights. The pink ELF lip gloss is in "Pink Candy" it looks a lot less berry in this lighting and in the store but it's very pretty. I'm not a fan of the lip stain on the bottom, I'll have to get you guys the name but it's the nude color. It just wasn't flattering on me, I'll have to test other colors for you all :)

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion:


I'm obsessed with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizer but for about 4oz @ $24 I'm always trying to find a drug store equivalent. I think I found it! I still have to use this a bit more but I really want to do a post comparing the two. They have really similar textures and I do notice differences but I just might have found my drugstore replacement! This lotion was $8 at Target for 16 oz.


Bath and Body Works

Creamy Pumpkin Wallflower Plug in:


I love this scent! It totally reminds me of Butter Pecan ice cream :) Matt didn't like it though so I went to get a replacement this weekend. I'll save it for when he leaves. It was also half off (regular price is around $7) because Halloween is over, bu I'm still feeling the fall scents for Thanksgiving!

Vanilla Bean Noel Triple Moisturiing Cream:


I got this free with "any purchase" which is why I purchased the air freshener but this retails at $12. Please read my post on BBW and how to get a good deal there before you spend $12 on this lotion! Seriously, it's nice but you can get it so much cheaper. Anyway, I think of all of their holiday scents (aside from Secret Wonderland) this is the one I'm most likely to want on my body. Peppermint is nice but do I really want to smell like it?? This lotion smells a bit like yogurt in the bottle but once you rub it in it smells like really yummy sweet vanilla. My boyfriend loves this and so do I!

Let me know what you guys think about the hauls! If you guys think these mini reviews are helpful or if you'd rather wait until I've used a product a lot and can give a longer review. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment