Custom Search
} -->

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Eliminate your PIT STAINS!

Warning: the topic of this post is extremely gross but I'm taking a bullet and writing about this because there are girls out there suffering from this easily preventable problem and I have the power to help! I would never let one of my readers suffer from pit stains if I could help it!

This tip came from my sister and it's a good one :)

When I was a lot younger I had complained to my sister about a gross pit stain on my P.E. shirt and she told me something that I was shocked to hear: the very deoderant that I had been layering on to prevent my pit stains was in fact the CAUSE OF MY PIT STAINS! Anti-persperant deoderant (at least all of them that I've ever seen) has an ingredient in it called aluminum. Aluminum is what really stains your cute white tops that embarrassing yellow color!

So my beauty tip to all of you who are reading this, when you're wearing white or other light colors, DITCH THE ALUMINUM DEODERANT!

But wait, what are you supposed to wear? You can't just go without deoderant at all! That would not be beautiful. The good news is that there are brands of deoderant out there that are aluminum-free!

I personally like to use Tom's of Maine (note the "Aluminum-Free" text on the packaging):



There are lots of other types besides Toms and they're easy to find. They sell these at big stores like Target, not just at pricey health food stores.

Oh and if there is ever a time when you really need the extra anti-persperant that aluminum gives you I would just remember to wear darker colored clothing so the stain won't actually show up. And don't be super grossed out if you see someone with one, it's not really their body making that color it's just the type of deoderant they use. Give them the tip and my URL bc they obviously need to check this blog out hehe

Hopefully this saves some of your tops from a premature trip to the dumpster, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment